Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Top 5 Favorite Actors

Part 2 of my series My Top 5 Favorite Things (part 1 is below)

My Top 5 Favorite Actors


1. Hrithik Roshan - The New Favorite
I used to really dislike Hrithik Roshan (I shudder to remember Koi Mil Gaya, Krrish and Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage). But recently, he's really impressed me. Dhoom 2, Jodhaa Akbar, Luck By Chance contain great acting jobs by him. If you look back to Lakshya, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and Mission Kashmir, he's really impressive. Plus, he's like the best dancer in Bollywood. "Dhoom Again" is just a masterpiece of dancing ability. 
Hollywood Counterpart: Robert Downey Jr. 


2. John Abraham - The Criminally Underrated Favorite
No Smoking, Jism, New York, Dhoom, Water, Garam Masala - all excellent films. So why isn't John Abraham given the credit he deserves? It just might be because he's too good looking for people to take seriously. No, really, when people think of him they think of his Salman Khan-style shirtless appearances not the fact that John is talented. He also chooses some avant-garde scripts (No Smoking has got to be one the most original movies ever) so maybe that's why. Not enough people are seeing his best work. 
Hollywood Counterpart: Brad Pitt


3. Saif Ali Khan - The "Oh, yeah... he is pretty awesome" Favorite
From 1999 until now, Saif Ali Khan has turned into a powerhouse of talent. But it wasn't until recently that I realized just how re-watchable his movies are. Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Parineeta, Omkara, Race, Tashan, Salaam Namaste are movies that I just feel like watching sometimes and part of that is Saif Ali Khan's natural and effortless talent. 
Hollywood Counterpart: Paul Rudd


4. Abhishek Bachchan - The Continually Surprising Favorite
Every time I watch an Abhishek movie, I am prepared to hate him in it. And that's not just because she stole my bride away from me. But he always wins me over. I mean, there are some bad films where he is actually really terrible, but there are some times when he just nails a character and when he does, it is movie magic. Delhi-6, Dostana, KANK, Guru, Yuva, Sarkar Raj, Bluffmaster are all examples of this man's acting potential. 
Hollywood Counterpart: Russell Crowe


5. Ranbir Kapoor - The Boy Next Door Favorite
With only a few films, Ranbir Kapoor has proven himself to be a fine actor who achieves that status by playing a sort of everyman. He is extremely easy to relate to and comes off so very naturally onscreen. But he is so very good in his films. I feel like he is my best friend in every single one of his films and that is why he in on this list. 
Hollywood Counterpart: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (of "3rd Rock from the Sun" and "(500) Days of Summer" fame)

Again, feel free to leave your own favorites and/or comment on mine in the comments section. 

Look out for part 3 coming very soon.

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Seems we have some of the same taste. I did a top 5 heroes post a short time ago and had Hrithik and Abhishek on mine as well. Ranbir is growing on me.

Shellie said...

Oh, and I simply adore Saif!!

Rachna said...

oh man how come akshay, salman and aamir didn't make the list! and what about anil kapoor?!?! :)

Rachna said...

great..now i have that BETA song is my head..koyle se teri boli..turuu